Monday, October 20, 2008

Lumberjacks

This is not dedicated to any particular beard, but more so to a group of people where their occupation requires a beard. Any occupation that includes having a beard be a requirement, makes me want to switch careers immediately. So here's to lumber jacks everywhere, may they never be forgotten. We all know that Paul Bunyan is the most famous lumber jack, but that's folklore. Lumberjacks are all over America doing one of the toughest and most physically demanding jobs around. These people need to have strength and determination, and a beard. I often joke that with my beard, I could be a lumberjack. I love the comparison, but I am no lumberjack. So this is how I choose to honor them, via blog. Hopefully lumberjacks surf the blogs out there so they feel respected. Lumberjacks are not everywhere ofcourse, not every state requires them. But in a few states, they are plentiful. States like: Alaska. In searching lumberjacks, I was able to come across the only lumberjack cd I know of, I really want it. I also found out where I want to go on my next vacataion, and of course, it's in Alaska. There's even a calendar! If I didn't grow up in Ohio, I'm sure I would have been a lumberjack, oh well, maybe in the next life

No comments: