Monday, May 26, 2008

Benjamin Harrison

Being memorial day and all, I thought it was fitting to have a former President recognized. Harrison was our 23rd president by beating Grover Cleveland in 1888. Plus, he was born in Ohio and I am proud of the fact that 8 U.S. Presidents were from Ohio. Also, his grandpa was William Henry Harrison, who was also a president, but didn't have a beard sadly, but was only president for a month, so maybe he was planning on growing one and just didn't get the chance. Benjamin was only 5'6, so to make up for his lack of height, he grew a sweet beard that definitely makes up for that. I still wish it was the 1800's so every one had a sweet beard like Harrison, but maybe it was too common then and I wouldn't be so proud of my beard as I am today. Anyway, happy memorial day and I hope people to take time out of their day to learn more about our past presidents.

No comments: