Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Roy Halladay



After watching the game yesterday, I had to select Doc Halladay as my beard of the day. He didn't really have it yesterday, but in the past it's been something special. I heard something that he doesn't shave until he loses, which is awesome. This guy is a monster, and I was so happy when they took him out of the ballgame after Casey hit a double off of him. This guy already has 4 complete games this year, no one else has more than 1. And to remove him after only 6 innings and 2 earned runs is crazy, I don't know if he asked to leave, but that was his shortest outing of the season. And yes, I know he technically have up 4 ER last night, but when he left he had only given up 2, Accardo gave up a 2 run double to Francisco that scored Halladay's inherited runners. But this bearded wonder was the AL Cy Young Winner in 2003 when he went 22-7, 9 complete games, 266 innings and a 3.25 ERA. He's also lead the league in complete games 3 times and will probably do the same thing this year. The guy's a throw back, and we were lucky to get him out of the game so soon. Stay tuned for tomorrow's beard of the day, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

No comments: