Friday, December 19, 2008

Marc Gasol

You may know about Pau Gasol, the outstanding bearded power forward for the LA Lakers. But, how much do you know about his little brother, Marc? He may be Pau's little brother, but the guy is an absolute beast and looks like a true Spanish monster where his brother looks like a telephone pole. Marc was originally with the Lakers, but while he was still playing in Spanish leagues last year, they traded his rights to the Grizzlies for his brother Pau. This had to have been terrible to find out for Marc. I'm sure that Pau had been complaining about playing in Vancouver and how much the Grizzlies organization sucked, and how the only good thing they ever did was select Antonio Daniels #4 in the 1997 NBA Draft. And now Pau is a Laker and Marc is a Grizzly. That is a tough break. I guess he much take consolation in looking like a man bear. I have known about Marc for quite some time now, with peak interest in him being when the trade for Pau was made. Then the Gasol brothers played for Spain in the 08 Summer Olympics. I'm watching the game and just absolutely fall in love with Marc, who is without question my celebrity comparison. Well, if I put on 100 pounds and few a foot, very soon hopefully. After the game I got a call from my friend. He told me he saw me on TV today, and I was overly confused. Then he admitted that it was the 7 foot version of me. I started to laugh uncontrollably and fall to the ground. I was very happy that someone else recognized the fact of our similar appearance. There are very few people who would want to be compared appearance wise to a 7 foot hulk of a Spaniard, but I take it with the highest comparison. I have to admit though that he was be even more awesome if he spelled his name with a k, but that's a seperate story. We all know the better way to spell mark is with a k, not a c. My only hope is that Marc gets traded soon so I can see more of him on TV since they never show Grizzly games on national TV.

2 comments:

LeonDoucette said...

Dude I appreciate your appreciation of Marc Gasol. I love the guy. Though I'm from Boston and am a Celtics man at heart, I love and respect the 29 other teams that make up the competition, none more-so than the Lakers. But I loved how Marc carried the Grizzlies into the playoffs and- as a brother myself- I love watching him and his big bro take down the competition in the FIBA Eurobasket.

I'm Pissed the NBA is locked out at the moment, but whatever, Boston can wait: ¡GO SPAIN! I am also facial haired- it is good to meet another who walks the path of the whisker.

Ciao Bro
-Leon

Anonymous said...

Please beardoftheday. Ʊ have written wonderful articles about the Gasol brothers and their former awesome beards. We had Kevin Love with another awesome one and Ʊ still didn't write about it. №ω James Harden and Blake Griffin are sporting real cool beards. What's your take on all the mentioned